The conference will be postponed due to coronavirus situation. We will inform the new dates later.
The Future of the Arctic Human Population: Migration in the North Conference takes place in Rovaniemi, Finland on 28–29 May 2020. This will be the first ever conference on (im)migration in the cap of the north that is a part of series of activities of UArctic Thematic network on Arctic Migration.
The first conference day consists panel discussions of policy makers
and business sector. The second day is science-orientated and consists
scientific presentations and panel discussion. The conference venue is
All international Arctic and non-Arctic actors, researchers and policymakers are warmly welcome to the conferences!
conference is organized by the Arctic Centre at the University of
Lapland in cooperation with UArctic Thematic network on Arctic Migration
and several partners.
Call for abstracts:
The call for abstracts is open by 29 February 2020. The topics include:
1. Gender and migration in the arctic
2. Immigrants and the labour markets in the North
3. The role of mass media in the integration of immigrants
4. Cooperating the stateless
5. Growing arctic cities, shrinking arctic cities, melting arctic cities
6. Local languages, education: Integration of adult and youth
7. Outward migration from the arctic
Conference website: www.arcticcentre.org/MIN2020
Kalle Autti, coordinator