The Arctic Centre is a separate Department of the University of Lapland.
The Arctic Centre has a Director, Executive Board, Steering Group and International Scientific Advisory Committee.
Strategy of the Arctic Centre 2020 >
Chairman: Matti Hepola
- Professor Antti Syväjärvi, deputy Chairman
- Lecturer Petri Koikkalainen, deputy Aini Linjakumpu
- Lecturer Mari Maasilta, deputy Pirjo Kuukkanen
- Professor Antti Honkanen, deputy Outi Rantala
- Assistant Ilari Hovila, deputy Lotta Viikari
- Professor Jonna Häkkilä, deputy Heidi
- Planner Pierre-Andre Forest, deputy Outi Snellman
- Researcher Susanna Pirnes (Arctic Centre staff)
- Iida Nevasalmi (Student union)
The Arctic Centre Scientific Advisory Board
Members of the Board
The Scientific Advisory Board supports the leadership of the Arctic Centre by giving advice on research planning, science education, data management, communication and outreach. The Board advises on implementation of the Arctic Centre Strategy for 2020 that was adopted in 2008. The Board assesses whether the benchmarks set out in the Strategy are being achieved. The Board gives advice for evaluation the quality of the work of the Arctic Centre.