Dr. Hossain, Kamrul
Senior Research Scientist
Northern Institute for Environmental and Minority Law (NIEM) / Arctic Centre
Tel. +358 (0)40 484 4281, (3101)
Email: khossain at ulapland.fi
- LL.B. (Honours.) LL.M (Dhaka), LL.M (Helsinki), LL.M (Aix-en-Provence),
- LL.Lic. (Helsinki)
- LL.D (Lapland)
- International Environmental Laws, Environmental Governance and Sustainable Development with particular attention to Arctic legal regime.
- UN Laws relating to International Peace and Security, Human Rights and Humanitarian Laws, International Law applicable to Sanctions and Sanctions Regime, Sanctions Management and Sanctions Committees.
- General Legal Issues relating to WTO, Multilateral Environmental Agreements and WTO dispute settlement.
Most Recent Publications:
Full List of Publications
- Hossain, Kamrul (2012). Human Rights approach to the Protection of Traditional Knowledge: An Appraisal of Draft Nordic Saami Convention. 4 The Yearbook of Polar Law (forthcoming). Publisher: Brill Academic Publishers, the Netherlands.
- Hossain, Kamrul (2012). The EU ban on the import of seal products and the WTO regulations: neglected human rights of the Arctic indigenous peoples? Polar Record (forthcoming). Publisher: Cambridge University Press.
- Hossain, Kamrul and Koivurova, Timo (2012). Hydrocarbon Development in the Offshore Arctic: Can it be Done Sustainably? Oil, Gas, Energy Law Intelligence, p. 1-29. (OGEL, ISSN 1875-418X). Publisher: Global Energy Law and Regulation Portal.
- Hossain, Kamrul (2012). Globalization, Climate Change and Indigenous Peoples in the Arctic: An Interface between Free Trade and the Right to Culture, in Globalization, International Law and Human Rights (eds. Bhuiyan, Md Jahid Hossain and Addicott, Jeffrey F.), pp. 34-66. Publisher: Oxford University Press, New Delhi.