Dr. Hossain, Kamrul
Senior Research Scientist
Northern Institute for Environmental and Minority Law (NIEM) / Arctic Centre
Tel. +358 (0)40 484 4281, (3101)
Email: khossain at ulapland.fi
- LL.B. (Honours.) LL.M (Dhaka), LL.M (Helsinki), LL.M (Aix-en-Provence),
- LL.Lic. (Helsinki)
- LL.D (Lapland)
- International Environmental Laws, Environmental Governance and Sustainable Development with particular attention to Arctic legal regime.
- UN Laws relating to International Peace and Security, Human Rights and Humanitarian Laws, International Law applicable to Sanctions and Sanctions Regime, Sanctions Management and Sanctions Committees.
- General Legal Issues relating to WTO, Multilateral Environmental Agreements and WTO dispute settlement.
Most Recent Publications:
- Hossain, Kamrul (2013). Securing the Rights: Human Security Perspective in the Context of Arctic Indigenous Peoples 5 The Yearbook of Polar Law. Brill Academic Publishers, the Netherlands (forthcoming).
- Hossain, Kamrul (2013). The LOS Convention and the China-US Relations over the South China Sea 6 Journal of East Asia & International Law, 1, pp. 107-133.
- Tedsen, Elizabeth, E. Molenaar and Kamrul Hossain (2013). Introduction. In Elizabeth Tedsen and Sandra Cavalieri (eds.) Arctic Marine Governance: Opportunities for Transatlantic Cooperation, Springer (forthcoming).
- Hossain, Kamrul, Timo Koivurova and Gerald Zojer (2013). Understanding risks associated with offshore hydrocarbon development. In Elizabeth Tedsen and Sandra Cavalieri (eds.) Arctic Marine Governance: Opportunities for Transatlantic Cooperation, Springer (forthcoming).