Kansainvälinen tieteellinen neuvottelukunta
1.1.2017 - 31.2.2019
- Professor Karin Lochte, Alfred Wegener Institute, Chairman
- Professor Gerard Duhaime, University of Laval
- Professor Viatcheslav Gavrilov, Far Eastern Federal University
- Executive Director Lawrence Hislop, Norwegian Polar Institute
- Professor Jon Moen, Umeå University
- Counsellor of International Affairs Samu Paukkunen, Finnish Parliament
- Professor Peter Scweitzer, University of Vienna
The board has an advisory and supervisory role, which includes following tasks:
- The Board supports the leadership of the Arctic Centre by giving advice for research planning, science education, data management, communication and outreach.
- The Board advises on implementation of the Arctic Centre Strategy. The Board assesses whether the benchmarks set out in the Strategy are being achieved.
- The Board gives advice for evaluation the quality of the work of the Arctic Centre. The Board supports Arctic Centre’s national and international co-operation and networking with scientific partners as well as public and private sectors.
- The Board supports the Arctic Centre in gaining external funding by giving advice and status for the Arctic Centre.
The Previous Arctic Centre Scientific Advisory Boards.