Researcher, PhD Candidate, Northern Institute for Environmental and Minority Law
tel. +358 (0)40 484 4427, (4427)
Master of Laws (University of Pécs, Hungary)
- Postgraduate studies at the University of Lapland, concentrating on the rights of indigenous peoples
Anna is carrying out research on the rights of indigenous peoples. Previously, she has studied mining legislation from the viewpoint of the Sami people (within the frameworks of the project Sustainable Mining, local communities and environmental regulation in Kolarctic area).
She is currently involved in a project focusing on human security in the Arctic region (Human Security as a promotional tool for societal security in the Arctic: Addressing Multiple Vulnerability to its Population with Specific Reference to the Barents Region), where she examines different aspects of societal and indigenous security.
- Minority law
- Indigenous rights
- Traditional livelihoods
- Mining law and indigenous peoples
- Human security
- Adam Stepien, Anna Petrétei and Timo Koivurova: Sámi Parliaments in Finland, Norway, and Sweden. Managing Diversity Through Non-Territorial Autonomy – Assessing Advantages, Deficiences, and Risks (eds. Tove H. Malloy, Alexander Osipov and Balázs Vizi), Oxford University Press, 2015. pp. 117-138.
- Timo Koivurova, Vladimir Masloboev, Kamrul Hossain, Vigdis Nygaard, Anna Petrétei, Svetlana Vinogradova: Legal Protection of Sami Traditional Livelihoods from the Adverse Impacts of Mining: A Comparison of the Level of Protection Enjoyed by Sami in Their Four Home States. In: Arctic Review on Law and Politics, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2015, pp. 11-51. http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/arctic.v6.76
- Timo Koivurova, Vladimir Masloboev, Anna Petrétei, Vigdis Nygaard and Kamrul Hossain: Transboundary EIA in the Barents Region. In: Nordisk Miljörättslig Tidskrift/Nordic Environmental Law Journal (ed. Gabriel Michanek) 2014:3, pp. 45-62. ISSN: 2000-4273
- Anna Petrétei: Contemporary Perspectives of Sami Rights Related to Mining Activities. In: Current Developments in Arctic Law, Volume 2 (eds. Timo Koivurova, Waliul Hasanat), University of the Arctic Thematic Network on Arctic Law, 2014.
- Timo Koivurova and Anna Petrétei: Enacting a New Mining Act in Finland – How were Sami Rights and Interests Taken into Account? In: Nordisk Miljörättslig Tidskrift/Nordic Environmental Law Journal (ed. Gabriel Michanek) 2014:1, ISSN: 2000-4273.
- Adam Stepien, Timo Koivurova, Anna Gremsperger and Henna Niemi: Arctic Indigenous Peoples and the Challenge of Climate Change. Arctic Marine Governance: Opportunities for Transatlantic Cooperation (eds. Elizabeth Tedsen, Sandra Cavalieri anf R. Andreas Kraemer), Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2014. pp. 71-99.
- Kamrul Hossain and Anna Gremsperger: A project on Sustainable Mining, Local Communities and Environmental Regulation in the Kolarctic Area (SUMILCERE). In: Current Developments in Arctic Law Volume 1 (eds. Timo Koivurova, Waliul Hasanat), University of the Arctic Thematic Network on Arctic Law, 2013
- Anna Gremsperger: On the Sami minority - JURA 2012 vol. I. pp. 135-147.
- Timo Koivurova, Vladimir Masloboev, Kamrul Hossain, Vigdis Nygaard and Anna Petrétei: Transboundary EIA in the North Calotte/Kola Peninsula region: guidance on how to do it effectively in situations where mining may cause transboundary impacts
- Kamrul Hossain and Anna Petrétei: Mining and Indigenous Peoples’ Rights in International Law