PhD Student, Researcher
LeCTra Doctoral Program, Faculty of Law, University of Lapland
Sustainable Development Research Group, Arctic Centre
tel. 040- 484 4022
- Title of the PhD project: Spaces of domination and resistance: Indigenous peoples in the UN Permanent Forum
indigenous peoples, international politics, environmental politics, indigenous rights, Foucault, governmentality, biopolitics, neoliberalism, United Nations, Permanent Forum on Indigenous issues.
Recent presentations in international conferences
- Lindroth, Marjo and Sinevaara-Niskanen, Heidi (forthcoming) At the crossroads of autonomy and essentialism: Indigenous peoples in international environmental politics. International Political Sociology.
- Lindroth, Marjo (2011) Paradoxes of power: Indigenous peoples in the Permanen Forum. Cooperation and Conflict 46(4): 542 - 561.
- Lindroth, Marjo (2006) Indigenous-state relations in the UN: establishing the Indigenous Forum. Polar Record 42(3): 239-248.
- Adapt or die? Indigenous peoples – from the civilising mission to the need of adaptation (with Heidi Sinevaara-Niskanen). Paper presented at the Earth System Governance Conference, 28-31 January 2013, Tokyo.
- Indigenous climate responsibility? Two readings of a debate. Paper presented at the Association of American Geographers’ Annual Meeting, Feb 24-28 2012, New York.
- Arguing for Political Agencies and Creating Responsibilities: Indigenous Peoples in Environmental Politics (with Heidi Sinevaara-Niskanen). Paper presented at the World international Studies Committee’s (WISC) 3rd Global international studies conference, August 17-20 2011, Porto, Portugal.