Researcher M.Soc.Sci., PhD student / Tutkija, YTM, jatko-opiskelija
- tel. +358 (0)40 484 4066, (4066)
Title of PhD research project:
- Form and Matter in the Bioeconomy of the Arctic.
Publications, papers and presentations
- Aesthetics, semiotics and visual anthropology
- Material culture, emotional design and ergonomics
- Representations, performativity and documentation
- Systems of exchange, value, and production
- Technologies of power and cultural violence
Forthcoming articles in 2013
- Åkermark, Jenny, Carina Keskitalo and Joonas Vola (2013). Flood response in Swedish/Finnish cooperation on the Torne River. Keskitalo, E. C. H. (Eds.), Climate Change and Flood Risk Management: Adaptation and Extreme Events at the Local Level. Edward Elgar Press.
Forthcoming research papers/articles
- Massie, Merle, Jenny Åkermark, Joonas Vola, Åsa Almstedt. Differences in hazard response frameworks in different countries: examples from Canada, Sweden and Finland.
- Tennberg, Monica, Carina Keskitalo and Joonas Vola. Political economy of storms: Lessons from Finland and Sweden.
- The Finnish International Studies Association (FISA) Fourth National Conference in Naantali (11.-12.1.2013). Northern Political Economy Panel. Joonas Vola: Canonized Gaze and Autistic Eye – Deconstructing the Bio-economic Substance of the Arctic in Human-animal Relations.
- Sustainable development research group seminar, Arctic Centre (20.9.2012). Joonas Vola: Arctic Regalia -Performing Indigenous Sovereignty in the Northern Regions
- The 44th Annual Conference of the Finnish Political Science Association, University of Turku (8–9.3.2012). Political theory and philosophy. Joonas Vola: Technologies of Im/Material and Labour of Constructing ‘Real’: Tracing the ‘Small Human’